Spring is just around the corner with the first hatches already here. In an effort to prepare you for the upcoming season, we’ve compiled all our favorite articles that we find essential for fly anglers looking to improve their skill.
Tactics & Tips
With so much buzz spring can demand a large variety of flies to choose from and the right tactics to present them — which is why we’ve prepared the top techniques for spring fly fishing and the best trout tactics.
- Fooling Picky Trout
- Muddy High Water – How to catch fish in high water with low visibility
- Where to Look For Fish
- Spooking Less Trout
As we sit there and stare holes in our fly boxes searching for answers to this fish riddle, it’s important to remember that sometimes the solution lies outside of our fly choice! There are instances when we might be fishing the right fly in the right location and our drifts still don’t produce fish. So what then?
- Basics on Mending Your Fly Line
- Bow And Arrow Cast – How to cast with trees and brush behind you
- Unsnagging Your Line – Best ways to unsnag your fly without losing it
- Soft Hackle Flies – How to fish them and why you 100% should
- Setting The Hook Properly
Dry Fly Tips
- Using an indicator
- Nymphing Rigs – Different combinations of flies for multiple fly rigs
- 6 Different Nymph Indicators
- Split Shots – Why and how to use them
Conditions are always changing and it always seems nearly impossible to pick the perfect fly for the job. We’ve taken the time and listed flies that we often choose for spring, how we fish them, and why we select them.
- Eastern Sulphur Hatch
- 57 Different Fly Patterns for Spring and What’s Hatching
- 17 Trout Flies for March, April, and May
- Choosing the Right Flies
- 9 Streamer Flies
Listen In For More Useful Advice
Listen in to our new fly fishing podcast with dozens of hours of interesting conversations with anglers, business owners, and experts within the fly fishing community.